When buying an apartment you are typically presented with a choice of two or three contemporary interior colour schemes. These colour schemes have been expertly selected by interior designers to provide a neutral colour scheme for your environment but many apartment owners use paint as a vibrant option for injecting personality and distinction into their surroundings.
Some important tips and advice to consider when introducing colour to your apartment include:
- Make a mental list of your furnishings and what you want your home to say about you;
- Become a keen observer of the world around you – beautiful homes, quirky shops and quaint cafes can be a source of great colour inspiration;
- Consider introducing colour through other methods besides paint – throw rugs, cushions, furniture and fabrics are a great way to introduce colour without completely repainting the entire home;
- Don’t follow trends unless they are sympathetic to your own style and tastes; and
- Consider enlisting the skills of a colour consultant if you are having trouble making decisions.
Your boutique multi award winning Real Estate Agency in Mandurah servicing the the local surrounding areas including Halls Head, Silver Sands, Dudley Park, Erskine, San Remo, Wannanup, Falcon, Greenfields, Meadow Springs, Perth and all other areas in between.